Anne Beaumont's practice focuses on representation of investment and asset management firms and their managers and investors as well as financial services litigation matters and disputes involving complex financial products and transactions. She also counsels and trains financial services industry clients on legal compliance, due diligence, and other issues, and advises investment and asset managers and their professionals on employment and separation issues.
- Representation of an asset management firm in defense of intellectual property claims asserted by an index provider.
- Representation of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in defense of a class action lawsuit alleging a conspiracy to set the ISDAfix benchmark rate.
- Representation of a hedge fund in defense of litigation brought by a redeemed investor in the fund.
- Representation of clients, including banks, investment funds and end-users, both in affirmative claims against the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy and SIPC estates and in defense of claims by the bankruptcy estate regarding derivatives transactions and prime brokerage accounts.
Representation of a large group of institutional investors in Lancer Offshore, Inc. and The Omnifund, Ltd., following the funds’ demise, in litigation against the funds’ auditor, administrators, prime broker and directors.
- Representation of two municipal bond hedge funds in connection with litigation against their prime broker challenging margin calls that led to the funds' collapse.
Prior to joining Friedman Kaplan, Ms. Beaumont practiced at Willkie Farr & Gallagher and Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP.
Outside the Office
Ms. Beaumont is a member of the Managed Funds Association, 100 Women in Finance, and the SIFMA Legal & Compliance Society. She also serves as a Director, Chair of the Nominating and Membership Committees, and a member of the Executive Committee of Tall Ships America, which organizes the annual Tall Ships Challenge® Series of races, encourages character building through sail training, promotes sail training to the North American public, and supports education under sail.
New York University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (1997)
University of California, Berkeley, A.B., with honors (1988)
State of New York
U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
Honors and Awards
New York Super Lawyers List, 2010-present
Order of the Coif
Morton Geller Award
Paul D. Kaufman Memorial Award
Arthur Vanderbilt Medal
Edward Weinfeld Prize
Law Review and Publications
Staff Editor and Note & Comment Editor, N.Y.U. Law Review
Note, This Estoppel Has Got to Stop: Judicial Estoppel and the Americans with Disabilities Act, 71 N.Y.U. L. Rev. 1529 (1996)