Anne Beaumont's practice focuses on representation of investment and asset management firms and their managers and investors as well as financial services firms in litigation matters and disputes involving complex financial products and transactions. She also counsels and trains financial services industry clients on legal compliance, due diligence, and other issues, and advises investment and asset managers and their professionals on employment and separation issues. Ms. Beaumont leads the firm's LIBOR Transition Task Force, and also serves on the Management Committee.
- Representation of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in defense of a class action lawsuit alleging a conspiracy to set the ISDAfix benchmark rate.
- Representation of a CDO collateral manager and recovery service provider in litigation brought by a CDO trustee.
- Representation of an asset management firm in defense of intellectual property claims asserted by an index provider.
Representation of GSO Capital Partners in litigation challenging its refinancing of debt issued by New Jersey-based home builder Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc.
- Representation of a hedge fund in defense of litigation brought by a redeemed investor in the fund.
- Representation of clients, including banks, investment funds and end-users, both in affirmative claims against the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy and SIPC estates and in defense of claims by the bankruptcy estate regarding derivatives transactions and prime brokerage accounts.
Representation of a large group of institutional investors in Lancer Offshore, Inc. and The Omnifund, Ltd., following the funds’ demise, in litigation against the funds’ auditor, administrators, prime broker and directors.
- Representation of two municipal bond hedge funds in connection with litigation against their prime broker challenging margin calls that led to the funds' collapse.
Outside the Office
Ms. Beaumont is a member of 100 Women in Finance and the Managed Funds Association, for which she serves as a member of the Outside Counsel Forum Steering Committee. She also serves as a Director and Chair of the Membership Committee of Tall Ships America, which organizes the annual Tall Ships Challenge® Series of races, encourages character building through sail training, promotes sail training to the North American public, and supports education under sail.
New York University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (1997)
University of California, Berkeley, A.B., with honors (1988)
State of New York
U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
Honors and Awards
New York Super Lawyers List, 2010-present
Order of the Coif
Morton Geller Award
Paul D. Kaufman Memorial Award
Arthur Vanderbilt Medal
Edward Weinfeld Prize
Law Review and Publications
Staff Editor and Note & Comment Editor, N.Y.U. Law Review
News + Insights
- Necessary Precautions for Private Equity Firms When Using Employee Agreements to Protect Confidential Business Information
- Does the Digital Realty Decision Represent a Sea Change for Whistleblowers or Merely More of the Same?
- Friedman Kaplan Client GSO Achieves Victory in Closely Watched Case Challenging Hovnanian Exchange Offer
- Recent New York Court of Appeals Decision Eases Path for Investor Lawsuits Against Cayman Funds, but Certain Hurdles Remain
- How Hedge Fund Managers Can Balance Protecting Confidential Information Against Complying With Whistleblower Laws