Friedman Kaplan’s antitrust practice draws upon the insight and intellectual rigor for which the firm is known. We have substantial experience acting on behalf major companies across a broad range of industries, including financial services, telecommunications, e-commerce, commodities, and others, in antitrust class action cases. Our attorneys excel at understanding the particulars of each market and scenario, and couple this knowledge with their legal acumen to optimally resolve these complex and high-stakes matters with efficiency and expediency, limiting reputational harm.
- Virtual Conference, March 18, 2021
- We represented Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in defense of a class action lawsuit alleging conspiracy to set the ISDAfix benchmark rate.
- We represented T-Mobile USA, Inc. as a plaintiff in connection with antitrust claims related to a conspiracy to fix prices of LCD screens. The matter settled advantageously for our client.
- We represented Amazon.com, Inc. in connection with multiple class actions alleging antitrust violations in relation to the pricing of e-books. Although principal counsel for Amazon was a firm in Seattle, Friedman Kaplan’s representation included the initial discussions with the class plaintiffs through preparation of non-party Amazon witnesses at the trial.
- We represented an American subsidiary of a Mexican company in connection with antitrust actions alleging price fixing in the rubber industry. The matters were resolved through arbitration.
- We represented AT&T Wireless in defense of an antitrust class action on behalf of New York and New Jersey wireless subscribers alleging illegal tying, price fixing, and market allocation. We won this case on behalf of our client on summary judgment.