Asaf Reindel has a broad-based transactional and commercial practice. He represents U.S. and foreign companies in connection with acquisitions, joint ventures, and debt financings, and hedge funds and private equity funds in connection with investment transactions, compliance issues, and other corporate matters. He also represents early-stage and mature companies in various industries in connection with equity investments, debt transactions, mergers and acquisitions, commercial agreements, employment matters, and other day-to-day aspects of their operations. Mr. Reindel also represents high-level executives and employers in the negotiation of employment and separation arrangements, and family offices and high-net worth individuals in connection with their investments. He is also a member of the firm’s LIBOR Transition Task Force.
Mr. Reindel is head of the firm's Israel practice and represents Israel-based technology and other companies in connection with their U.S. business activities, and U.S. individuals and entities in transactions in Israel. He has published several articles in Israeli media.
- Representation of a litigation funding company in its joint venture with an investment fund and related financing arrangement.
- Representation of a U.K.-based family office in connection with its lead investment in a U.S. venture capital fund and other U.S. investments.
- Representation of a hedge fund in connection with its loans for litigation funding purposes.
- Representation of an early stage company in the healthcare industry in connection with its seed investment round, and an early stage home products company in connection with its Series A investment round.
- Representation of an Israel-based technology company in a venture debt financing transaction with an Israeli private equity fund.
- Representation as U.S. counsel of CloudEndure, an Israel-based provider of business continuity solutions, in connection with its sale to Amazon.
- Representation of portfolio managers and other senior officers in connection with employment by, and departures from, major hedge funds.
- Representation of a major private equity fund in connection with a substantial number of investments and exit transactions in the People’s Republic of China, including an IPO of one of the fund's portfolio companies.
- Representation of an Israel-based technology company and its shareholders in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets to a U.S. publicly traded company.
- Representation of an India-based investment fund, as U.S. counsel, in connection with a $20 million venture capital investment related to the restructuring of a U.S. technology company with an India-based subsidiary.
- Representation of an investment fund managed by a large Israeli asset management firm in connection with an existing investment in the U.S.
- Representation of an Israel-based technology company and its venture capital investor and other shareholders in its sale to a U.S. publicly traded company.
- Representation of an Israel-based startup cybersecurity company in connection with employment, contractual, and other matters related to its U.S. operations.
- Representation of an online media company in connection with contractual, employment, and other matters related to its day-to-day operations.
- Representation of a founder of an online lifestyle company in connection with a major investment in the company.
Prior to joining Friedman Kaplan, Mr. Reindel practiced at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. He is a native speaker of Hebrew.
Outside the Office
Mr. Reindel represents the Firm in its affiliation with the Israel Hedge Fund Association, and is a member of the Technology and Venture Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Committees of the Business Law Section of the New York State Bar Association.
Columbia Law School, L.L.M. (2001)
Tel Aviv University Law School, LL.B., magna cum laude (1999)
State of New York
Chief Justice Aharon Barak, Supreme Court of Israel
Honors and Awards
Kent Scholar, Columbia Law School
News + Insights
- Friedman Kaplan and Eigen Survey Shows ARRC-Recommended LIBOR Fallback Provisions in Loan and Credit Agreements Still Create Conflict with Other Provisions
- LIBOR Transition: Do Recent Credit Agreements “Adequately and Fairly” Reflect the ARRC’s Fallback Provisions?
- Friedman Kaplan Client FlightSafety International Forms Joint Venture with a Textron Inc. Company to Provide Flight Training Services
- New York State and City Laws Require New Sexual Harassment Policies and Training (and Other Employment Law Developments)