Recent Developments in the Regulatory Investment Regime in India
On Wednesday, July 13th at 1 p.m., Nishith Desai Associates, a leading Indian law firm working in coordination with Friedman Kaplan, will be making a presentation at Friedman Kaplan's offices to a select group of clients on investing in India. The presentation, including a Q&A session, will address the following topics:
- Overview of the economic, political, and regulatory climate in India, and possible implications of the Brexit vote
- Recent liberalization of Foreign Direct Investment regulation, and the Indian investment regime for U.S. and offshore investments
- Investments through swaps and other derivative instruments, including recent SEBI guidance
- Tax considerations and reporting obligations for foreign investors in India, including recent Mauritius developments
- Investment activity by Indian funds and other companies in the U.S., and related Indian legal considerations
Lunch will be served.