Friedman Kaplan leverages our attorneys’ significant experience with mergers and acquisitions, financings, investments, employment arrangements, formations, operational issues, and dispute resolutions to support Israel-based technology and other companies and their founders in connection with their U.S. business activities, and U.S. individuals and entities conducting in transactions in Israel.
Our deep familiarity with the Israeli culture, language and legal system brings a unique and valuable benefit to our Israel-based clients, both early-stage and mature companies, when conducting business in the U.S., as well as to our U.S.-based clients who do business in Israel.
Whether advising clients on cross-border company sales, major investments, or strategic partnerships, helping Israeli startups form and manage U.S. operations, or litigating disputes for Israel-based clients, Friedman Kaplan intimately understands the unique issues - from legal demands to cultural considerations - that must be taken into account by Israeli companies doing business in the U.S. and by U.S. companies wishing to do business in Israel. Our firm’s expertise is underpinned by Practice Head Asaf Reindel's roots in the Israeli community, where he regularly publishes articles in local media.
- Harvard Club of New York City, November 20, 2019
- We represented AcceloWeb (IL) Ltd., an Israel-based technology company, and its venture capital investor and other shareholders in its sale to Limelight Networks, Inc., a U.S. publicly-traded provider of online content delivery services.
- We represented an Israel-based technology company in a venture debt financing transaction with an Israeli private equity fund.
- We regularly represent Israel-based technology startup companies in connection with various aspects of their U.S. operations.
- We represented an Israel-based technology company and its shareholders in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets to a U.S. publicly traded company and related employment arrangements.
- We are representing an investment fund managed by a large Israeli asset management firm in connection with an existing investment in the U.S.
- We represent IntSights Cyber Intelligence, an Israel-based cybersecurity startup company, in connection with all aspects of its U.S. operations.
- We represented a major pharmaceutical company in connection with a dispute with a terminated drug distributor in Israel. The distributor had filed a motion for a preliminary injunction to block the termination of the relationship, which they withdrew during an evidentiary hearing in Federal Court. The matter was settled in a manner very favorable to our client through mediation.
- We have represented, as local counsel in the SDNY, numerous major pharmaceutical companies in disputes with Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, a Israeli multinational, related to claims of patent infringement.
- We represented an Israel-based company in a discrimination dispute with one of its U.S. employees.
- We represented a software development company and its founder with regard to an investment in an Israeli company and related arrangements.
- We represented a software provider in connection with the preparation and negotiation of a license agreement with an Israeli company.
- We represented an Israel person in litigation surrounding the enforcement of a high-value promissory note.
- We represent an Israel-based e-commerce startup company in connection with matters related to its U.S. operations, including employment matters and the bankruptcy proceedings of a customer.
- We represented U.S. lenders in a secured loan to an Israeli individual, to finance the purchase of a real estate asset.
- We represented the U.S. and Israeli management team of a startup real estate company in their employment with their company in connection with the initial major investment by a U.S. hedge fund.