Alexander Levi specializes in complex commercial litigation with a special focus on contract actions, employment, and securities law. He represents clients in the financial services, real estate, and other industries and has experience arguing summary judgment and other motions before state and federal district and appellate courts.
- Representation of a large global financial institution in connection with multiple matters involving the enforcement of promissory notes issued to former employees.
- Representation of two former directors of a Cayman holding company established to hold the equity of a worldwide logistics company in defense of a breach of fiduciary duty and other claims brought under Cayman law by the bankruptcy trustee for the logistics company.
- Representation of a global bank in litigation involving the payment rights of "liquidity providers" under an asset-backed security indenture.
- Representation of a global commercial real estate firm in connection with claims against a former employee for unfair competition, breach of contract, and expropriation of intellectual property.
- Representation of T-Mobile USA, Inc. as plaintiff in connection with antitrust claims related to an alleged conspiracy to fix prices of LCD screens. The matter settled in a manner highly positive for the firm's clients.
Outside the Office
Mr. Levi serves as Secretary of the Board of Directors of Beach Point Yacht Club in Mamaroneck, New York. In addition to his secretarial responsibilities, Mr. Levi assists with event planning for the Club, recently chartering two spectator boats for members to watch the 2016 America’s Cup races.
Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude (2010)
Brown University, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (2007)
State of New York
U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Law Review and Publications
Online Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Technology
News + Insights
- NY Commercial Division Dismisses Lawsuit Against Friedman Kaplan Client ANA and Awards ANA the Attorney’s Fees It Incurred in Defending the Lawsuit
- Does the Digital Realty Decision Represent a Sea Change for Whistleblowers or Merely More of the Same?
- Presenter, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure: Recent Changes and Anticipated Amendments Webinar, Clear Law InstituteREAD MORE