Dania Bardavid has a broad commercial litigation practice, representing clients in complex actions involving allegations of breach of contract, fraud, business torts, and mass torts. She also advises clients in internal investigations.
Prior to joining Friedman Kaplan, Dania served as a law clerk to the Honorable Debra Freeman of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Before that, she was an associate at Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP where she represented clients in a variety of litigation matters, including international arbitrations, contract disputes, and mass tort class actions. During law school, she represented indigent defendants as a student attorney in Georgetown Law's Criminal Justice Clinic.
- Representation of a major financial institution in defense of claims brought on behalf of investors in a cryptocurrency investment fund that turned out to be part of a Ponzi scheme. The complaint against our clients was dismissed in its entirety.
- Representation of a major financial institution in defense of claims alleging fraud, conversion, and breach of contract arising from alleged unauthorized bank transfers made by the client’s former employee.
- On behalf of a group of specialty food companies, obtained dismissal, with prejudice, of a lawsuit brought by a former trade association chairperson alleging that the specialty food companies were liable under the doctrine of respondeat superior for the allegedly improper efforts of their employees, in their capacities as directors of the trade association’s board, to remove plaintiff from his leadership position.
- Representation of an S&P 500 financial institution in an internal investigation and settlement of claims made by a former employee alleging violations of the whistleblower protections under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and New York’s whistleblower protection statute.
- Representation of a major law firm in defense of allegations of malpractice with respect to a commercial real estate transaction.
Outside the Office
Dania volunteers as an attorney-coach for the Bronx High School of Science Moot Court and Mock Trial teams.
Georgetown Law School, J.D. (2017)
University of Maryland, B.A. (2012)
State of New York
U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Honorable Debra Freeman, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Honors and Awards
CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Professional Responsibility