Mona Mehta joined Friedman Kaplan in September of 2015 to focus on complex commercial litigation and white collar matters.
- Participating in the representation of individual owners and former employees of a large insurance company in multiple actions pending in federal court against their former business partners over alleged nondisclosures, misappropriation, and breaches of agreements and duties.
Participating in the representation of a non-profit art foundation in its effort to obtain a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction against an art gallery for its unauthorized use and sale of certain sculptural works.
- Representation of a hedge fund in defense of litigation brought by a redeemed investor in the fund.
- Representation of a global investment management firm in enforcement of a non-compete against a former employee of the firm and his new employer.
- Representation of a prestigious university to assist them in a number of matters, including responding to a grand jury subpoena issued by the DOJ.
- Representation of a hedge fund in an action against its previous auditor for auditing malpractice claims.
- Representation of a foreign national against another foreign national relating to breach of contract claims.
- Representation of a pro se litigant in a writ of habeas corpus petition based upon changes to the Armed Career Criminal Act.
Prior to joining Friedman Kaplan, Ms. Mehta practiced at Covington & Burling LLP, where she represented individuals and major financial institutions in connection with government and internal investigations and advised companies on anti-corruption policies. She also advised clients in relation to bankruptcy and tax statutes.
Outside the Office
Ms. Mehta is an active member of professional organizations that advocate for gender equity and women’s rights within the workplace, including the National Association of Women Lawyers and the Legal Network for Gender Equity, which connects those who have experienced sexual misconduct in the workplace with attorneys and public relations professionals who can help them.
Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude (2013)
Georgetown University, B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (2008)
District of Columbia
State of California
State of New York
Law Review and Publications
Social Media: Recent Legal Trends and Business Implications, E-Discovery and Digital Evidence Journal, Vol. 5 Issue 1 (Winter 2014)
Getting Foster Children To and Through College: Success of the NJ Foster Scholars Program, Association for the Children of New Jersey, Harvard Law and Policy Review (September 2008)