Elliot Choi represents clients across a broad range of industries in connection with private equity investments, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, financings, other business transactions, and general corporate matters.
Representation of Trilogy International Partners LLC in a $875 million business combination with Alignvest Acquisition Corporation, a special purpose acquisition corporation (SPAC).
Participates in providing ongoing advice to an Israeli-based technology company in connection with contractual, employment, and other matters related to its day-to-day operations in the United States.
Representation of Trilogy International Partners LLC in connection with a tender offer and the refinancing of a $450 million high-yield debt facility.
- Representation of PavMed, a multi-product medical device company, in connection with the negotiation of a licensing agreement to develop and commercialize a new diagnostic technology.
- Participates in providing ongoing advice to a major clinical laboratory in the evaluation and negotiation of business development opportunities including strategic relationships, joint ventures, asset acquisitions, and intellectual property licenses.
- Participated in advising LAB GmbH/CNIM, a French engineering firm, in the formation of its U.S. subsidiaries, and currently advises those subsidiaries on matters related to their day-to-day operations and in the evaluation and negotiation of joint ventures and strategic relationships, including ash mining projects throughout the United States.
- Representation of Open Road Integrated Media, Inc. in its acquisition of an e-book publishing business.
- Representation of hedge funds in connection with general legal and corporate matters.
Prior to joining Friedman Kaplan, Mr. Choi practiced at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP where he practiced in the financial institutions and banking practice groups representing financial institutions in corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, and also as borrowers and lenders in acquisitions and other leveraged financings.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. (2010)
Princeton University, A.B. (2004)
State of New York
Law Review and Publications
Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law