Elliot Choi represents clients across a broad range of industries in connection with private equity investments, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, financings, other business transactions, and general corporate matters.
Representing Trilogy International Partners in connection with a high-yield offering of $80 million of senior debt notes.
- Participated in advising a major medical lab company on a joint venture for hospital laboratory outreach services with United Outreach Solutions, Inc.
- Participates in providing ongoing advice to a major medical lab company in the evaluation and negotiation of business development opportunities including strategic relationships, asset acquisitions, and intellectual property licenses.
- Participated in advising LAB GmbH/CNIM, a French engineering firm, in the formation of its U.S. subsidiaries, and currently advises those subsidiaries in the evaluation and negotiation of potential joint ventures, including ash mining projects throughout the United States.
- Representation of Open Road Integrated Media, Inc. in its acquisition of an e-book publishing business.
- Representation of hedge funds in connection with general legal and corporate matters.
Prior to joining Friedman Kaplan, Mr. Choi practiced at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP where he practiced in the financial institutions and banking practice groups representing financial institutions in corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, and also as borrowers and lenders in acquisitions and other leveraged financings.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. (2010)
Princeton University, A.B. (2004)
State of New York
Law Review and Publications
Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law